TERMS AND CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
I hereby affirm that the information provided on this application (and any resume submitted) is true and complete. I understand that any false, misrepresented, misstated or omitted information may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may result in my termination if discovered at a later date.
I hereby authorize the company to investigate and verify all information pertinent to my application and/or resume to determine my qualifications for employment. I hereby authorize all persons and organizations having information relevant to my application to provide that information to the company and hold harmless the company, its employees and agents, and all those providing information to it from any liability arising out of or as a result of the provision or use of this information. I understand any offer of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test, criminal background, credit and/or drivers license check and the company may request that an investigate consumer report be prepared, which may include information as to my character, general reputation, police record, personal characteristics, employment, education and mode of living. I understand that I may request in writing, within a reasonable amount of time after this application is submitted, that the company completely and accurately disclose to me the nature and scope of the investigation requested
If I am offered employment, I understand and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions of employment:
1. Neither this application nor any other company document constitutes a contract of employment for a specific term and that my employment is “at will” and may be terminated at any time by me or the company for any legal reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
2. At all times, I will comply with all work rules, procedures, supervisory directives, and policies (whether or not written). I understand that these may change from time to time, with or without notice.
3. I will not engage in, nor tolerate, illegal discriminatory or harassing workplace behavior on the basis of someone’s race, sex, national origin, religion, color, disability, age, marital status or any other protected classification. I understand that the Company has a ZERO TOLERANCE for such conduct. If I am involved in, or become aware of, any such conduct, I must immediately report it to the Human Resources Department
4. Because of Tropical Nut and Fruit and Home Economist’s commitment to safety, I understand that I may be tested for drugs or alcohol if the Company reasonably suspects that I am using or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In addition, the Company retains the right to search my person and to inspect lockers, desks and any automobiles or other personal effects (such as purses or other containers) brought onto its property. I understand that I should not bring any items onto Company property which I wish to keep private. Although I have the right to refuse a drug or alcohol test or a request for personal property inspection, I understand that such refusal may result in the immediate termination of my employment.
5. I understand that, upon employment, the first 90 calendar days is considered a probationary period. During this period it will be determined if a mutually beneficial relationship exists between the company and me. Following this period, the company or I may decide to determine our relationship.